Sunday, May 08, 2005

Random Book review

Title: The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime
Author: Mark Haddon

Review: This is a book about a mentally retarded person. He's great with maths, but he has some mind disorder regarding with people or something. Think Rain men, except this is a kid, and he has more disorders.

Like he will attack and shout when touched.

Or that he hates yellow.

But he's brillant with maths.

However, I simply don't think this is my type of book. I seem to have something against retards, although I myself don't know what it is. Completeing the book was very tiring for me, as I just simply wanted to finish the paper-thin story.

And speaking of the story, it's your usual Children story, where the hero goes from A to B, no turns. It would be nice if that's the case. However, the author has decided to have "commerical breaks" between each chapter to help describe the retard. It may look cool, but I just find it stupid. I feel that it breaks the story up, and instead of one long smooth story like a HBO movie channel or a VCD, you are watching Channel 5's movies which has a commerical every 10 minutes.

So...no. That's bad.

So, a breaking paper-thin storyline, a retard....If it isn't for the fact that the book belongs to someone else, I would have tossed it down the rubbish chute.

Is-there-a-number-below-negative-infinity?/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home